Talk about a black widow?!?! Demi Lovato graced the VMA's red carpet Sunday night with a black laced Zuhair Murad and dreamy curls.
MORE: #Goals: Every Time Demi Lovato Proved She's Confident AF
The Cool for the Summer singer arrived at the MTV VMA's looking absolutely fabulous, wearing a black laced bejeweled bodysuit by Zuhair Murad. We also couldn't help but admire her smokey eye, bold brows, luxurious lashes and glamorous curls. The Mexican-American beauty's hair stylist, Christian Marc, gave us the inside scoop behind her red carpet ready retro coils. “For Demi’s look tonight, I was inspired by YSL models in the 70s; lots of texture, volume and a middle part that can’t be beaten,” said the hair guru.
See the full breakdown below:
- To achieve these dreamy 70s curls, it’s important to start with the proper base. He used Dove Style+Care Curls Defining Mousse ($4) which nourishes the hair but provides the hold needed to build out the rest of the style. Then he applied a healthy dollop of this product and worked throughout her hair, paying special attention to the root, then proceeding to blow her hair out using my Harry Josh Pro Tools Dryer ($250).
- Once the hair was dry, he sprayed 2-inch sections of hair with Dove Style+Care Flexible Hold Hairspray ($4) and curled each section with my Harry Josh Pro Tools 2-in-1 1.24in Curling Iron ($185).
- Next, he brushed her hair out for extra volume and parted it down the middle for a natural 70s vibe. Then with the Dove Absolute Curls Supreme Creme Serum ($6) and he boosted the shine and smoothed any flyaways near the root creating definition to the curls.
- After, he combined Dove Refresh+Care Unscented Dry Shampoo ($4), Dove Refresh+Care Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo ($4) and Dove Style+Care Flexible Hold Hairspray ($4) to texturize the look further while building volume.
- Finally, he finished by using a teasing comb to piece out the curls even more and add volume and texture to the ends of her hair.
PLUS: You'll Never Guess Which Singers Demi Lovato Wants to Do a Duet With
The 25-year-old singer rocked this look before hitting the stage to perform her summer hit single Sorry Not Sorry.