To download a high-resolution image of the cover, visit, latina.com/magazine.
Also in the December 2013/January 2014 issue:
- Style Awards: We look to our favorite celebs for the hot trends in 2014: from Zoe Saldana's flawless red lips to Camilla Belle’s trendy eyebrows and Jessica Alba’s fashion-forward pants, every fashion lover will find something to covet.
- Beauty Talk: Stay fresh and fabulous as you flit from party to holiday party with beauty editor Amanda Flores’s exhaustion-proof tips.
- Reasons to Love Being Latina: Latinas were everywhere in the culture this year, from the mujeres of Orange Is the New Black to a lifetime achievement award for Puerto Rican icon Rita Moreno, from chart-topping songstress Selena Gomez to Sesame Street veteran Sonia Manzano. Texas state senator Leticia Van de Putte stood up for women’s rights and Gina de Jesus proved she’s nobody’s victim. And 56 more reasons Latina pride is an awesome thing to behold.
- Women of the Year: Our honor roll of inspirational Latinas includes a MacArthur genius, Yale Law’s first tenured Hispanic professor, a dedicated teacher whose bravery lives on after her tragic death, and a Supreme Court justice whose commitment to equality encompasses everyone. Our Women of the Year galvanize us to reach for our dreams.
- Access Opener: One year after Jenni Rivera’s shocking death at age 43, la Diva de la Banda’s legacy lives on in a one-of-a-kind exhibit at the Grammy Museum, a forthcoming English-language album, a feature film and more projects conceived as tributes to her memory.
Articles from the upcoming December 2013/January 2014 issue are available upon request.