Happy Monday chismosos! Hope you enjoyed your weekend! We've got all the details on the Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez split:
- Hindsight is always 20/20, so it should come as no surprise that the young power couple had provided plenty of clues that things were getting rocky, People reports. In June, Justin was late to a Fuse TV taping because the couple was reportedly fighting. Later, in July, an insider had told People that Selena was crying over Justin during Ashley Tisdale's birthday party.
Things got cryptic in October, when Justin posted a photo of himself on instagram with the caption "Just me." He then posted a black-and-white photo of himself with the caption "lingse," which fans were quick to figure out would spell "single" if the letters were unscrambled. He quickly deleted the photo.
- While People originally reported that Selena was the one who broke things off due to their crazy schedules, it also had to do with "trust issues," both People and Us Weekly report. "With them being apart so much it got complicated. She had some trust issues," a source told People. "Selena definitely had some major trust issues with Justin," a source also told Us Weekly.
- And it seems Justin Bieber is still in shock with the decision, reports Fox News Latino. "I don't know what to say," he said in an interview with Open House Party on Saturday, neither confirming nor denying the news. "I don't know what's going on in my life. To even assess that... it doesn't make sense 'cause I have not made any comment." The teen pop star alluded to his feelings in his Boston concert on Saturday, playing Justin Timberlake's famous breakup song "Cry Me a River."
- A source close to Bieber told Us Weekly that he or she imagines this might not be the final end of the romance.
"They are [young] . . . it changes from day to day. Right now it is a break and tomorrow it could be back on knowing them . . . it's hard to say how they will end up," the source explains. "Maybe she feels more serious about it this time. We'll see."
- Fortunately (or unfortunately) the couple's crazy schedule keeps them busy. Selena recently made an appearance at a Kmart in White Plains, New York to promote her Dream Out Loud line -- and was all smiles for the photo-op, reports E! Online. Bieber was also in New York this past weekend, playing a show at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Sunday.
What do you think of the couple's split? Do you think they'll end up back together? Share in the comments!