Although she’s extremely busy shooting season 11 of Lifetime’s hit reality competition Project Runway, Nina Garcia recently took a trip to her native Colombia and the stylish fashion journalist and TV judge is sharing details of her rejuvenating vacation exclusively with Latina.com!
We emailed the gracious Nina a few questions and she was kind enough to answer them (while she was still on vacay!). How cool is that?! Plus, she told us exclusively what 5 items she packed in her travel bag for her trip. Check out her answers below and be sure to check out the season finale of Project Runway on Thursday, April 25th at 9/8c)!
We LOVE that you recently visited your native Colombia! Where did you go?
I was in Cartagena, Colombia. I had a blast! I stayed at the recently opened Hotel Casa San Agustin, which is the perfect getaway.
What was your favorite drink while you were on vacation?
Freshly made juice: mango, papaya, and coconut water.
What advice do you have for other Latinas who are currently planning their summer vacations?
Unplug, detox. Take the time to explore and discover the local shopping scene.
Read on as Nina shares the 5 items she packed in her travel bag for her trip to Colombia!
1. “A flattering but comfortable bathing suit is a must, since I will spend most of my time at the beach. My latest obsession is Pitahaya, a Colombian based brand sold at Barneys.”
2. “A straw panama hat to keep the sun at bay “
3. “K Jacques St Tropez sandals”
4. “Easy relaxed, bohemian cover-ups from Figue”
5. “Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Anthelios SPF 50 for me and the kids.”