The biggest night in fashion didn't disappoint — Zoe Saldana was a ray of light in Calvin Klein, Jennifer Lopez was a showstopper in Gucci and Salma Hayek continued to pay homage to Alexander McQueen. The Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute's "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" gala was a night of stunning fashion and beautiful stars.
1. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Zoe Saldana
Less is definitely more with Zoe Saldana in a beautiful yellow Calvin Klein minimalist strapless gown with a gold Platt boutique necklace.
2. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Jennifer Lopez
Jennifer Lopez showed the other attendees how it is done when she arrived in this fuschia Gucci halter gown with a matching floral shrug and clutch.
4. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Gisele Bundchen
Gisele Bundchen looked too good to be true in a red strapless Alexander McQueen gown and retro waves.
5. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Eva Mendes
Eva Mendes stood out in an electric blue Stella McCartney one-sleeved pleated dress with a gold belt and Fred Leighton jewelry.
6. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Penelope Cruz
Penelope Cruz stuck with what works in a black Oscar de la Renta mermaid-hemmed gown with a feather clutch and Chopard jewels.
7. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Jessica Alba
Jessica Alba took her pregnancy glow one step further with a champagned-colored Ralph Lauren strapless gown with beaded detail.
8. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Nicole Richie
Nicole Richie was ultra-glam in a white vintage gown, custom House of Harlow 1960 jewelry and a black Christian Louboutin clutch.
9. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Rosario Dawson
Rosario Dawson made a nice entrance and an even more stunning exit with her black sequin backless column gown.
10. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: La La Vazquez
La La Vazquez glowed in a nude-colored one-shoulder Vera Wang gown.
11. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Sofia Vergara
Sofia Vergara wore her favorite designer, Carolina Herrera, yet again on the red carpet. She chose a strapless floral print gown with Harry Winston jewels.
12. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Fergie
On the arm of her husband Josh Duhamel, Fergie traded her usual rocker look for a romantic Marchesa mermaid gown with Harry Winston jewels.
13. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Cassie
Edgy Cassie brought her unique style to the red carpet with a custom Rag & Bone blue-and-black dress, Lorraine Schwartz jewelry and Christian Louboutin stilettos.
14. Best Dressed: 2011 Met Gala: Thalia
Thalia joined the short list of pregnant stars at the gala in a dark sequined one-shoulder, high-slit gown with nude peep toes and hoop earrings.