Oscar de la Renta's Spring/Summer 2016 collection was all about a soft and rich sophistication.
To appropriately complement this classic look, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created this elegant yet bold ponytail. “It’s amazing how effective a ponytail can still look today, and how a beautiful, simple style can say so much," Guido said.
To give this traditional look a little more personality, Guido added an simple hair accessory. "I tied a piece of ribbon with one loop, so it isn’t a full bow, around the ponytail, so it feels very romantic and feminine. It’s amazing how a little bit of ribbon can change a simple ponytail into sometime much more poetic and special."
See the steps below to get this classic look:
1. Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primerall over damp hair and comb through.
2. Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion all over hair, focusing on the roots.
3. Use fingers to create a short center part.
4. Using a round brush, blow dry the hair smooth, lifting the hair at the crown to create a bit of volume.
5. Gather hair into a low, loose ponytail and secure with an elastic.
6. Pull little bits of hair out of the hairline to create a soft, drooped shape around the face.
7. Finish by loosely tying a ribbon around the elastic.