Ciara had all eyes on her at the BET Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday where she debuted a very in-trend bob haircut on the blue carpet.
And while she looked flawless, stars like the mom-of-two get lots of help from celebrity stylists on big award nights. Ciara enlisted the assitance of Dove Hair's Cesar Ramirez to make sure no hair was left ungroomed, and he's dishing to Latina.com exactly how you can replicate her look at home.
Yes, what Ramirez used was a wig! You can follow in Ciara's footsteps, and get a trendy new look without the commitment.
“Ciara’s vibe is usually pretty with a tough cool girl edge," Ramirez said. "For this particular look since the shoulders were so prominent, I wanted a length that would sit perfectly just below the chin and compliment the neck line. I really wanted to cut our wig into a sharp blunt-angled bob that would complete the edge of the dress but keeping it sexy.”
Here's how to get Ciara's look in just 5 steps including what products he used on the brunette beauty:
1. To start, I created the shape with a sharp cut on a WILDFORM wig.
2. Next, I flat ironed the whole wig to really show the angles of the cut and to accentuate her bone structure.
3. I then applied Dove Care Between Washes Re-Styling Milk section by section to give the hair an almost wet texture. I recommend raking the product through the sections to ensure each strand is saturated.
4. I tousled most of the hair to one side for an edgy, asymmetrical look and let a few sexy strands sit on her face.
5. To finish, I sprayed Dove Style + Care Compressed Micro Mist Flexible Hold Hairspray all over to add even more shine and hold the shape with natural movement, creating the perfect hold under the LA sun.