Colombian's Penis Amputated After Viagra Overdose

AP Images

Doctors reportedly told him his only option was to amputate the penis to reduce future damage and to prevent the gangrene from spreading to the rest of his body. 

Dr. Antonio Correa told La Nacion, “The patient showed bruising on the testicles and penis, was treated, and is recovering well.”

Last week, a 25-year-old Yemeni man died of a Viagra overdose as he prepared to sleep with his bride on their wedding night. The groom, who reportedly took 5 pills at once, collapsed after the reception and died at a hospital. 

Medical professionals from the hospital where the Colombian man was treated have issued a warning, asking people not to use penis-enhancing drugs without a prescription.

 
Share this 
About this author

Cristina Arreola, Editorial Assistant

Originally from El Paso, Texas, Cristina Mari Arreola earned her degree at the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University before moving to BrooklynNew York. In her downtime, you can usually find her scouring the city for the most authentic Mexican food (still looking...), scaring herself silly watching horror movies, or baking her favorite sweets. You can follow her on Twitter at @c_arreola

Like this post? Contribute to the discussion!