Be sure to buy UNsweetened coconut milk.
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup whole milk
1 cup half-and-half
4 cups (1/2 lb.) stale French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. firmly packed sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup golden raisins
1. In a large bowl, combine coconut milk, milk, and half-and-half, and stir with a spoon. Add French bread, making sure all pieces are covered with milk. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, beat eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Add egg mixture to bread and milk. Stir in 1/2 cup of the coconut flakes and the raisins.
3. Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish that will fit comfortably inside a pressure cooker. Pour bread mixture into dish and wrap tightly with foil. Place steam rack in cooker. Fold sheet of foil lengthwise to make 1-inch-wide strip, then use foil strip to lower casserole into cooker.
4. Pour water into cooker around casserole until it reaches halfway up sides of dish. Lock lid and place cooker over high heat. When proper pressure is reached, lower heat to keep pressure cooker at a gentle but steady hiss. Cook for 30 minutes. When time is up, release pressure by removing cooker from heat, letting cool 10 minutes, then placing in sink under cold running water.
5. Sprinkle pudding with remaining 2 tablespoons coconut flakes and serve warm or chilled.