Orange is the New Black star, Dascha Polanco, took over our Instagram feed for the Emmys and now we've got the scoop on her #Flawless beauty look, straight from her makeup artist Lucky Smyler: "The stunning beauty, Dascha Polanco, is the true definition of a beautiful, feminine and sexy woman. The Emmys red carpet was the perfect opportunity to allow her makeup to amplify these characteristics creating a look that was ethereal, yet whimsical — the look of a goddess."
Smylar was focused on perfecting Dascha's skin before even touching her with cosmetics, saying: "Skin is always my first focus. I wanted the skin to be flawless, and creamy with an angelic halo-like glow. After achieving this with a few minimal steps, the eyes had to complete the story and make a subtle statement without taking anything away from her natural beauty."
Follow these steps to recreate her gorgeous, girly makeup look for your next big night out and check out her seriously embellished nails below — those are everything!
- To achieve a luminous and creamy canvas, Lucky prepped Dascha's skin with SheaMoisture Misting Toner before applying SheaMoisture Primer using a foundation brush.
- He then applied SheaMoisture Sheer Liquid Foundation in 'Yasuni Honey' (available at target.com) using a damp sponge and stippling the product to build a smooth, even canvas.
- Using his ring finger, Lucky swept SheaMoisture Concealer in 'Snowdonia Fawn' (available at target.com) under the eyes. To create more shape, he used the Color Correcting Contouring and Highlighting Palette in 'Medium Light' to sculpt the hairline, cheekbones and jaw area (available here).
- To set, Lucky applied Yala Golden Pressed Powder (a very warm and sunny color) to complete the ethereal look and feel.
- The final effect for the skin was the glow! Using the SheaMoisture Illuminating Powder in 'Cinnamon Ceylon' and 'Mandalay Dusk,' (available here) Lucky contoured the temples, cheekbones, jawline and neck before adding a final pop of SheaMoisture Annecy Maroon Mineral Blush (available here) to the apples of the cheeks for whimsical fun!
- Lucky dusted SheaMosture Eyeshadow in 'Cecilia' to set the lid and to act as highlight under the brow bone.
- He then mixed the 'Deysi' Eyeshadow with 'Cecila' and applied to the lid using a damp shadow brush to create a more intense pigment.
- To complete, a black liquid liner was applied corner-to-corner and Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara was layered to the lashes.
- For a luscious jewel toned lip, Lucky exfoliated, moisturized and primed the lips in one step with SheaMoisture Lip Exfoliator.
- Following this prep, Lucky applied SheaMoisture 'Roberta' Lipstick Crayon all over, blotted and re-applied.
- The final touch was a generous layer of SheaMoisture Lipgloss in 'Rosie' (available here).
What do you think of Dash's look? Sound off in the comments below and see the rest of our picks for the best beauty looks at the Emmys, here!