Jasminators, today's blog is going to be about a really cool new TV show I just watched that premieres on Monday, June 3 on ABC Family at 9/8c. The show is called The Fosters. I'm not sure if you have heard about it or not but I just got to watch the first episode early and I'm going to give you 5 Reasons Why I'm Excited for The Fosters to come out!!! It's a must see and after you watch the show on June 3 you have to tell me what you thought as well, I loved it! Muy Bien!!!
1. Jake T. Austin Is In It: I've been friends with Jake since we were 16 years old and worked together on a webisode called Tales Of Sebastian. He was a super cool guy and we remained friends ever since. Jake has really grown up since Wizards of Waverly Place and I love his character in The Fosters. He actually plays a twin in the show and his relationship with his twin sister really reminds me of the bond my older brother Jream and I share. Jream and I are not twins but I feel like we are. :) No matter what struggles or fights my brother and I go through at the end of the day we will always have each other's back. Jake's relationship with his twin sister was very similar and after watching the episode it made me want to call my brother and tell him how much I love him. :) Jake did an amazing job on The Fosters and I know you will all agree with me.
2. Reality of the Show: I really like how real the show is. It deals with real life issues because the truth is no family is perfect and we don't live in a perfect Brady Bunch world. I love how The Fosters is a little edgy. The family is not your conventional family by any means. The house is run by two moms rather than a mom and a dad. I think it's really cool how they weren’t afraid to show a gay couple living together. It proves how much more open-minded the world is becoming and I love to see that.
3. Callie's Character is So Relatable: The lead girl in the show reminds me a lot of myself. She's sort of a loner and her number one goal in the first episode is to look out for her little brother. I also have a little brother Justin who is 13 and I can definitely relate to the love and protection she has over her brother. You really start to admire how much Callie would risk to make sure her little brother was looked after and in a safe place. I don't want to give too much of the show away, but if you have a younger sibling, when you watch the show you’ll definitely be able to relate to what I'm talking about.
4. Jennifer Lopez is One of the Executive Producers: I've always admired J.Lo as a young Latina growing up. She gave me hope to pursue my dreams to make it in the music business. J.Lo has always kept it real since she started her career as Jenny from the block. That's probably why the show didn't really sugar coat current issues that we really deal with in our lives as Latinas. There was a part in the episode when Callie almost got beat up by her foster dad. I can definitely relate to domestic violence, as it's such a huge issue among us young people. I really admire how they weren't afraid to add that scene in there.
5. It's Features All Different Ethnicities: I love, love how the cast is so multicultural. One of the moms is white, the other is African American. The kids are all mixed, white and Latino. I think it shows what families in America are really like today. My family is so mixed! My dad is Mexican and my mom is Filipina so I really like to see a show where everybody is from different backgrounds. I think it's beautiful to see people so different living in one place and yet getting along like their backgrounds don't matter at all. At the end of the day, we are all humans and even though we may look different and come from totally different places, we all share a common love for one another that's beyond color or race and I think it's awesome.
Will you be tuning into the The Fosters’ season premiere on June 3 at 9/8c on ABC Family? Come back and comment after the episode and tell me what you loved!