Bloody Marys are awesome but require time and patience. (If you've ever labored over multiple spicy sauce measures and coaxed horseradish one by one loving teaspoonfull into the eight individual glasses of your brunch guests - add in a slight but gnawing headache from the night before's dinner and wine pairing - you know what we're talking about.) To eliminate the tedium, reduce the required ingredients.
The below Bacon & Black Pepper Bloody Mary recipe keeps it simple with Master of Mixes 5 Pepper blend (with habanero, achiote and jalapeno peppers, among others). You're welcome!
- bacon bits
- 2 strips cooked bacon, divided
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 oz vodka
- 4 ozs Master of Mixes 5 Pepper Bloody Mary blend
- 1 celery stalk (to garnish)
- 1 green olive (to garnish)
- Rim edge of tall glass (collins preferred) with bacon bits.
- Muddle 1 strip bacon and ground pepper in bottom of glass.
- Fill glass with ice. Pour vodka and Master of Mixes over top.
- Stir to lift bacon and pepper mixture from bottom of glass.
- Garnish with celery stalk and green olive.